Where we stand on privacy
- Web Design Companies South Africa recognises that your personal information is sensitive and private and will therefore always treat it with respect and confidentiality.
- It is to the benefit of our customers and ourselves that we manage your information responsibly and with transparency.
- Under data protection regulations, you have the right to have your personal information removed at any time from Web Design Companies South Africa or indeed, any other company. We make this option clear and simple to achieve for all of our customers.
Who we are
- Web Design Companies South Africa provides services and sells products/services to its customers. To enable us to deliver on our services, we collect personal information about our customers and how they interact with us.
- What data we collect about you can be used is based on the consent that you provide.
- We always keep your personal information safe and secure and take a proactive approach to being compliant with government regulations about data protection.
What information do we collect about you?
Much of the information we collect is used to help us identify you. This is helpful for delivering products/services to you, keeping in contact with you about our products or services and for dealing with any enquiries you may have about our products/services.
Personal information we collect includes:
• Full name
• Postal address
• Email address
• Telephone number
When do we collect information about you?
- At any point where we ask for personal information online , we provide all of the options available in a clear and comprehensive way.
- It is beneficial to our customers and to us that one of these options is indicated by you.
- We collect information about you at any of the following points:
If you fill out our contact form
• If you provide us with feedback
• If you take part in a competition
• If you use our website (via cookies)
Reviews and comments
- When visitors leave comments our website we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded content from other websites
- Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
What are cookies?
- Cookies are text files placed on your computer when you interact with our online service, these files collect standard internet log information.
- Cookies also log visitor behaviour information such as the particular pages you view, which website and how long you spend on your visit.
- Data gained from cookies is used to track how visitors interact with our website which enables us to identify any potential issues as well as make improvements to the online experience.
- Further information on cookies is available from www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
How to remove cookies
It is possible to block cookies from websites you visit by setting your internet browser to not accept them or to remove them entirely. The above websites provide instructions on how to do this.
Please be advised that as a result of removing or not accepting cookies, some of our website features may not function such as automatic log in to your account which is enabled by cookies remembering your password and username.
How do we collect information about you?
- Web Design Companies South Africa only uses the personal information provided directly by you via these means.
- We also collect information if you make telephone calls or email Web Design Companies South Africa from a contact form or directly to amend details you have given us.
Information collected is not stored on our website or in a database. The information provided is emailed directly to our team members.
How will we use the information about you?
- The information we collect about you is used in a number of ways, all of which are either legally required to fulfil our services to you or because you have given us permission to do so.
Who we share your information with
- Like other companies, we need the help of certain providers that enable us to manage our services to you.
- The providers we work with only use your personal information for the purposes we stipulate and are strictly prohibited from using your data for any other reason. We never sell your information to any organisations.
- Our providers support us in sending emails to you, providing you with surveys and coupons, printing and distributing our event mailings, or they may contact you to take part in customer research events.
- All of this helps us to deliver a seamless, efficient and enriched customer experience of Association of Web Design Professionals.
Our communication with you
- We like to keep you informed if you give us your consent to do so. However, if you have asked to receive this information in the past and you no longer wish to, you can opt out whenever you want to.
- You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you about products and services. If you no longer wish to be contacted for this reason, but you would like to receive communications in relation to your account, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- As part of our advertising activity we use ‘remarketing’. This is a way for us to show you products or services we think you might like. We base these product suggestions on your past visits to our website.
- The images may be displayed to you through other websites you visit or while you browse the internet.
Access to your information
- You have the right to request a free copy of the information that we hold about you at any time.
- If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email email@example.com
- Before we process this request will we need proof of identification to ensure the data is matched correctly and is safe to be despatched to you.
- If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Removal of your information
You have the right to request that your personal information be removed from our systems. The only instance in which certain information is necessary for us to still have in this case is to complete a legal obligation, such as fulfilment of an order.
- You can request for your details to be removed by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will need proof of identification before we process any requests.
How long do we keep your personal information?
- Web Design Companies South Africa keeps personal information for three years, or for the lifetime, whichever is the greater.
- We endeavour to keep your information as accurate as possible and if you consent, we will periodically contact you to ensure information we hold is still accurate.
How to contact us
- By email – email@example.com
- In the unfortunate event that you feel Web Design Companies South Africa has not complied to General Data Protection Regulations you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office which is the Supervisory Authority in South Africa.
- This authority upholds information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals.